God we fuck up teenagers’ heads. We tell them that biological conditions are moral punishments and then we get all shocked when they don’t practice rational risk management of biological conditions. We teach them “sex is super desirable and all the cool kids do it, and it’s hideously shameful and will destroy your life” and we wonder why they act an eensy bit neurotic about it. If you tried to design a system for making sexually active kids confused and unsafe, you couldn’t do much better than the American media and school system.
And for once, the answer is relatively simple. Just talk about sex like it’s a part of life. Some people have sex and some people don’t, because people are different. STIs aren’t bad because they’re Dirty Crotch Rot; they’re bad because they’re contagious illnesses like strep throat or whooping cough, and you can ask a doctor to check for and treat them just like you would with strep throat. Unwanted pregnancy isn’t a scarlet A; it’s a mostly-preventable accident that sometimes occurs when people are going about their normal business of having sex. You can ask the school counselor about a variety of topics, including career planning, problems at home, questions about sex, or conflicts with teachers.
If we could just get the goddamn stick out of our collective ass and accept that sex is a human activity and teenagers are humans, maybe there wouldn’t be quite so many plaintive “I don’t understand my body and I’m confused and scared and I don’t know anyone I can ask in person” messages flying out into the world.
Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
—Henry David Thoreau (via lazyyogi)
Fuck yes, ask me up theyre related to sex!!!!!
- 1: Kitchen Counter, Couch, or on top of the dryer?
- 2: Your last sexual encounter: Good or Bad and why:
- 3: A fictional person that you think would be good in bed:
- 4: Something that never fails to make you horny:
- 5: Where is one place you would never have sex:
- 6: The most awkward moment during a sexual experience was when ______________
- 7: Weirdest thing that ever made you horny:
- 8: What is the best way to sexually bind someone:
- 9: Handcuffs, Rope, or Other [if other please explain]:
- 10: What is the fastest way to make you horny:
- 11: Top or bottom?
- 12: We were about to ____________ but then ______________
- 13: Would you ever take a sexual enhancement drug?
- 14: Is one orgasm enough? Are multiple orgasms necessary?
- 15: Something that you have hidden in your room that you don’t want anyone to find:
- 16: Weirdest nickname a significant other has ever called you:
- 17: Two things you like [or dislike] about oral sex:
- 18: Weirdest sexual act some has performed [or tried to perform] on/with you:
- 19: Have you ever tasted yourself? [If no, would you?] [If yes, what did you think?]
- 20: Is it ever okay to not use a condom:
- 21: Who was the sexiest teacher you ever had?
- 22: A food that you would like to use during a sexual experience:
- 23: How big is too big (peniswise):
- 24: One sexual thing you would never do:
- 25: Biggest turn on:
- 26: Three spots that drive you insane:
- 27: Worst possible time to get horny:
- 28: Do you like it when your sexual partner moans:
- 29: Worst sexual idea you ever had:
- 30: How much fapping is too much fapping:
- 31: Best sexual complement you ever got:
- 32: Bald, landing strip, Jumanji:
- 33: Is it good sex if you don’t nut:
- 34: Fill in the blanks: "If they ____________, we are fuckin"
- 35: What your favorite part of your body:
- 36: Favorite foreplay activities:
- 37: Love (>,<, or =) Sex For those of us who don’t remember our math thats “greater than, less than, or equal to]
- 38: What do you wear to bed?
- 39: When was the first time you masturbated:
- 40: Do you have any nude/masturbating pictures/video of yourself?
- 41: Have you ever/when was the last time you had sex outside?
- 42: Have/would you ever have sex outside?
- 43: Have/would you ever had a threesome?
- 44: What is one random object you’ve used to masturbate?
- 45: Have/would you ever masturbate at work?
- 46: Have/would you ever have sex on a plane?
- 47: What is one song you’d like to have sex to?
- 48: What is something nonsexual that makes you horny?
- 49: Most attractive celebrity?
- 50: Do you watch gay/lesbian porn? why/why not?
- 51: If a child was born on the occasion of the last time you had sex, how old would that child be right now
- 52: Has anyone ever posted nude pictures of you online?
- 53: What is one thing that NEVER makes you horny?
- 54: Do you have stretch marks?
- 55: How do you feel about your stretch marks?
- 56: Has anyone ever had a problem with your stretch marks?
- 57: Do you like giving head? (why/why not)
- 58: How do you feel about tattoos on someone you are interested in?
- 59: How would you feel about taking someones virginity?
- 60: Is there any food you would NOT recommend using during a sexual encounter?
- 61: Is there anything you do on tumblr that you would not like your significant other to see?
- 62: Do you own any sex toys? (what is it? (how long have you had it?)
- 63: Would you give your significant other unrestricted access to your Tumblr for a day?
- 64: Would you be offended if your significant other suggested you get plastic surgery?
- 65: Would you rather be a pornstar or a prostitute?
- 66: Do you watch porn?
- 67: How small is too small?
- 68: Have you ever been called a freak? Why?
- 69: Who gave you your last kiss? Did it mean anything?
- 70: Would you switch phones with your significant other for a day?
- 71: Do you feel comfortable going "commando"?
- 72: Would you have a problem with going down on someone if they hadn't shaved their pubic hair?
- 73: If you could give yourself head, would you?
- 74: Booty or Boobs?
- 75: If you had a penis, what would you name it?
- 76: Have you ever been on an official date?
- 77: Have you ever cheated on someone? (Why?)
- 78: If you were a stripper, what would your name be?
- 79: Have you ever had sex in your parents bed? (Would you?)
- 80: How would you react if you found out your parents had sex in your bed?
- 81: What was your reaction the first time you saw a penis/vagina
- Pleaseeeeee ask alot : O
A woman’s worst nightmare? That’s pretty easy. Novelist Margaret Atwood writes that when she asked a male friend why men feel threatened by women, he answered, “They are afraid women will laugh at them.” When she asked a group of women why they feel threatened by men, they said, “We’re afraid of being killed.
[CW: discussion of rape culture and violence]
This reminds me of an article about online (heterosexual) dating that I read a while ago. It listed men’s and women’s worst fears about meeting someone from online. The highest ranked fear that men had was that their date would be fat, whereas the highest ranked fear that women had was that their date would turn out to be violent and kill them.
I think that says a lot.